Here we go again. I've started the chest plates and the neck plate. First up, I gathered my reference photos, and printed everything out for my workshop.
The pieces were already primed (love that,) so I sprayed a layer of Rustoleum Aluminum over everything.
After they dried, I scuffed them up with 0000 steel wool so that the next layer of paint would stick better. Metallic paint tends to be pretty slick, and I don't want the other layers to peel off.
The next layer is the yellow layer that shows through around the damaged areas. So I used liquid mask to cover up the litle bits of silver that will need to show through later, and then I sprayed all the pieces with Rustoleum Line Painting Yellow. Once that dried, I peeled off the liquid mask, and we're left with this:
Starting to come together! The next and last layer will be the green. Then I'll apply the decal in the upper left. After that I can do the fun work of adding all the scratches and bumps. Unfortunately, it's going to be rainy and humid here for the next couple of days, so I can't get to that just yet.