Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Gloves

I started with a set of gloves from Bobamaker.  Great construction, but the gray was too dark.  They look more like the gloves used in The Empire Strikes Back. By the time Lucas filmed Return of the Jedi, Boba's gloves had faded quite a bit.  So I came up with a plan.  Here are the original gloves as I received them:


Too dark and too clean! I dropped them in a bleach bath and reduced them nearly to white:


While they were still damp, I started applying a solution of water and a small amount of Speedball ink with brushes and Q-tips.


I did this twice. The ink solution with the moisture gave a great, uneven, faded effect.  When the gloves were all dry, I did a few small yellow and brown smudges, as if the gloves had picked up grime over the years.  Finally we end up with:



More soon!

~N

No comments:

Post a Comment