Monday, July 9, 2012

Boba Fett's Empire Strikes Back Helmet, Part 3

It's been so humid here in New England, that I haven't had many days to paint.  The good news is that I've finished the cheekbones and both ears!



The paint scheme for the cheekbones was: Primer, Rusto Aluminum (layer of damage with liquid mask), Rusto Anodized Bronze misted with black, (layer of damage with liquid mask), and a top coat of black.

The paint scheme for the right ear (with the antenna) was: Primer, Rusto Aluminum, (layer of damage with liquid mask), Rusto Anodized Bronze, (layer of damage with liquid mask), and a top coat of Rusto Putty.  There are decals that go on this ear that I will apply before the final clear coat.  I'm also still working on the antenna.

The paint scheme for the left ear was: Primer, Rusto Heritage Red, (layer of damage with liquid mask), Rusto Almond, (layer of damage with liquid mask), and a top coat of Rusto Sage Green misted with Rusto Spruce Green.  The green used on this ear is not the same shade as the green of the dome and cheeks, so I tried to capture that subtle difference.

The paint is still shiny right now, as I can only get certain colors of paint in gloss or semi-gloss, but in the end there will be a clear coat of Testor's Matte finish so that everything becomes flat.

Next up, the red areas of the visor!

In other news, it looks like the final project photos of the Return of the Jedi armor will happen in the near future.  My brother will be donning the armor for the shoot, and I'll be behind the camera.  Can't wait!

~N

No comments:

Post a Comment