Friday, May 27, 2011

Jetpack & Gauntlets Progress

So the UPS guy pulled up to deliver more paint while I had all this stuff laid out on a table in front of my garage. To his credit, he didn't ask me what the hell I was doing.

Assembling the jetpack with some industrial glue...
The next step will be to primer the whole thing once it's all assembled. To get the thrusters assembled, I'm going to have to do some wizardry with 3/4" PVC tubing on the inside of the pack. 

I also sprayed the gauntlets a metallic silver.


Next up in this department is a spray test with the masking fluid on a piece of scrap plastic, so I can get the hang of applying the fake weathering as I lay down layers of paint.  Once I achieve success with the scrap, I'll get back to the gauntlets.

Probably no updates tomorrow as I'm off to hit a couple vineyard wine tastings. I think I earned it.

~N

No comments:

Post a Comment