Monday, May 23, 2011

Ordering, ordering, ordering...

Just a quickie update.  The past week has been full of ordering parts and kits.

- I've ordered braided wookie scalps (that dangle off Boba's right shoulder) -- Probably a few weeks to get those in, as they're being hand made for me.

- In talks with the premier prop maker in the UK who specializes in Star Wars recreations. He's given me a quote for all the armor I'm missing except a new helmet. Will order that as soon as I hear back from him. (8-10 week wait for those! Argh!)

- Just sent money to a prop builder in the UK who specializes in firearms. He's going to make me a custom EE-3 blaster. This is the rifle Boba carries in Return of the Jedi, made from an old modified Webley flare gun. (4-6 week wait for that).

- My jetpack kit shipped today from from Man of War Studios (Who also made the gauntlets). Should have that in a week.

- Ordered materials for both of Boba's capes -- the brown/tan one from Empire, and the drab green one from Jedi, that's made from an old army pup tent. This way, depending on my mood, I can dress him in either... like a Barbie doll. Only bigger. And meaner.

- Bought a real, used, army surplus diver's belt on ebay. (for the waist strap for Boba's jetpack)

- Yesterday I dyed the girth belt, and it's hanging in my garage drying.

Sadly, it's been too humid here for me to do any paint tests, or to primer the gauntlets. :(

Made lots of trips to Lowe's and Home Depot. The people there think I'm out of my mind.  They asked what I was doing with all these weird parts, and I told them.

More photos soon -- once the weather changes and I can start painting.

~N

4 comments:

  1. Ya just have to be careful if you where it at a con or the such because if you accidentally mix the two different costumes there are some fanatics out there that will totally freak out on you.

    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f25/boba-fett-armor-differences-esb-vs-rotj-36807/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though, with an EE-3 blaster he could gun 'em all down. I know I would.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh...I know. I think my costume is going to be a mix. The things I like best about both versions. I'll just tell em that it's what Boba wore in between movies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is one of the most interesting fan projects I've seen in a long time and I appreciate being able to "watch" from a distance. : )

    ReplyDelete