Just a quickie update. The past week has been full of ordering parts and kits.
- I've ordered braided wookie scalps (that dangle off Boba's right shoulder) -- Probably a few weeks to get those in, as they're being hand made for me.
- In talks with the premier prop maker in the UK who specializes in Star Wars recreations. He's given me a quote for all the armor I'm missing except a new helmet. Will order that as soon as I hear back from him. (8-10 week wait for those! Argh!)
- Just sent money to a prop builder in the UK who specializes in firearms. He's going to make me a custom EE-3 blaster. This is the rifle Boba carries in Return of the Jedi, made from an old modified Webley flare gun. (4-6 week wait for that).
- My jetpack kit shipped today from from Man of War Studios (Who also made the gauntlets). Should have that in a week.
- Ordered materials for both of Boba's capes -- the brown/tan one from Empire, and the drab green one from Jedi, that's made from an old army pup tent. This way, depending on my mood, I can dress him in either... like a Barbie doll. Only bigger. And meaner.
- Bought a real, used, army surplus diver's belt on ebay. (for the waist strap for Boba's jetpack)
- Yesterday I dyed the girth belt, and it's hanging in my garage drying.
Sadly, it's been too humid here for me to do any paint tests, or to primer the gauntlets. :(
Made lots of trips to Lowe's and Home Depot. The people there think I'm out of my mind. They asked what I was doing with all these weird parts, and I told them.
More photos soon -- once the weather changes and I can start painting.