Friday, March 23, 2012

Codpiece and Butt Plate finished!

Yes...there's a BUTT plate.  Get all your giggles out now, folks.  (And if you thought that was funny, there's also a CROTCH STRAP.)

Here are the pieces painted silver (Rusto Aluminum) with liquid mask added for the macro damage.

Next up, the under-layer of Rusto Line Striping Yellow:

 Another layer of liquid mask and the final color, Rusto Hunt Club Green misted with flat black.  Once that dried, I scratched the pieces up with a screwdriver and some gravel. Finally, a coating of Testor's Dullcoat.

To attach these to the costume, I was originally going to use a belt, but I decided to use the same grommet method I used for the flak vest. There are enough belts on this costume already!

So I added #8-32 1/2" screws to the backs of each piece, with an extra screw for the crotch strap.

Grommets added to the pants:

Here they are, all finished, and on the mannequin!

And with all the belts and straps!

More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment